POST 2

Experiential learning (EXL) is the approach that come to my mind right away while I was reading Heidi’s post, because experiential learning might be the broadest learning style applied in my studying life. Let’s look the definition of this approach, EXL is the process of learning through experience, and is more specifically defined as “learning through reflection on doing” (Wikipedia, 2020). I believe that lots of people would agree that most skills they have are learned from the past experiences or exercises. EXL happens everywhere in our life. For example, contemporary application of experiential learning theory including Co-op education, internships, simulations and experiential exercises etc.

David and Kolb state “Experiential learning is a powerful and proven approach to teaching and learning that is based on one incontrovertible reality: people learn best through experience”(2014). We design to apply this approach in the each exercise part of our blueprint, and in each distinct stage, learners are required to do a lot practise in order to achieve the learning outcome. For example, in the first exercise: recognizing APA citation style, learners could spend less time finding the information for citation if they practise more and learning from the common mistake we have displayed and of course their own mistake. Practice makes perfect, experiences are collected from practices. I believe that EXL would never absent from any people’s learning process.

Kolb, D. A. (2015;2014;). Experiential learning: Experience as the source of learning and development (Second ed.). Upper Saddle River, New Jersey: Pearson Education, Inc.

Wikipedia contributors. (2020, March 19). Experiential learning. In Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia. Retrieved 02:32, May 28, 2020, from https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Experiential_learning&oldid=946342687